Home > Products >
Thickness Testers >
Thru-Paint Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge High Resolution DW-2D
The most highlighted feature of DW-2D, compared with DW-200, is its Through-Coating or Paint Thickness Measuring Capability. DW-2D is a high accuracy, high resolution (0.01mm), hand-held Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge with the best performance and reliability over the world! It uses the most advanced microprocessor and ultrasonic technology to offer users many outstanding features.
It features reliable and stable reading, convenient data display (in both millimeters and inches), simple to use through the menu, durable and comfortable
structure, low power consumption (two of AA batteries). These features, along with its ability of selecting different probes, make
DW-2D unequalled in its performance as well as its value!
DW-2D offers Through-Coating or Paint Thickness Measuring Capability - You can now test painted tanks, pipes, etc., without needing to remove the paint or make corrections for the paint thickness.
is manufactured under the strict quality control guidelines established by ISO 9001: 2000 Standards.
Its quality is insured by our return
policy and full-coverage warranty.
Measuring method: Ultrasonic pulse echo Measuring frequency: 5MHz Measuring range:
0.8 - 200 mm in Standard Mode or 3.0 mm - 23.0 mm in Through-Coating Mode Display in both mm and inch Accuracy: +/- (1%H +0.02) mm Sound velocity range:
1,000 - 9,999m/s Memory capacity: 500 test values 4 digit LCD display with advanced backlight Automatic power-off after being idle for 3 minutes Probe contact indicator Low battery indicator Resolution: 0.01mm (0.001inch) (if thickness < 100.00mm) or 0.1 mm Two Points Carlibration available Power Supply: 2 X 1.5V AA Standard Batteries Working temperature: -0 C ~ +50 C
- Metal Materials: Al, Fe, Stainless Steel, Cu, Brass, Zn, Ag, Au, Sn,....
- Acrylic Resin, Water Glass, ...
- Other materials with known sound velocity values.
- Power supply: Battery: 2AA alkaline dry cells (2 X 1.5V)
Dimension: 149 mm X 73 mm X 32 mm
- Weight: 168g (main unit); 30g (probe)
- The tester comes with
a standard probe, a copy of operation manual, a carrying case, a can of coupling paste, a calibration block (4.0mm) built in the main
unit as shown in the picture and two AA batteries.
Contents in the package:
Main Processor with Calibration block (4.0 mm)
Probe (PT-08) - Display in mm and inch, Probe end Diameter: 10.00mm
Bottle of Coupling Paste (kind of oil) (EMPTY bottle will be included to avoid leaking)
AA Type Alkaline Batteries (3 Volt)
Foam-Fitted Carrying Suitcase to provide the best protection for the gauge
Protective Rubber Case (optional)
- 4mm end-diameter probe with cable (working range: 0.8 mm - 22.0 mm or 0.03 in - 0.85 inch, standard mode only) ($199.00 extra)
- Communication Kit (RS-232 Cable + Software) between PC and tester unit ($149.00 extra)
- RS-232 to USB Converter with driver CD ($15.00 extra)
- 5 Level (4 step) Calibration Block ($59.00 extra)
- Rubber Protective Case ($39.00 extra)
- Standard Mode Probe ($79.00 extra)